Redroom Audio – Palette Primary Colors
Strings, woodwinds and brass ensembles recorded using the True Ensemble Recording technique...
Palette is a series of thematic professional orchestral and cinematic Kontakt virtual instruments for songwriters and media composers. It was recorded in a dedicated hall with world-renowned performers by a passionate and experienced team of sample makers. It was a dream come true for us to make and we hope this expansive set of scoring tools inspires you to write some great music.
PALETTE – PRIMARY COLORS
“Palette – Primary Colors” is a FREE 1.3 GB taste of what you’ll get in our larger Palette libraries. It features strings, woodwinds, and brass ensembles with a limited set of articulations and a single microphone position, but the same 3 dynamic layers and up to 7 round robins included in the larger products, so you can get a sense of the rich sound and depth of sampling you can expect with the entire lineup.
As with the entire Palette line, our players were recorded in standard orchestral seating position. The room is spacious but fairly dry, with only a 1.2 second tail, which allows for easy blending with other libraries using your favorite reverbs, so you’re not limited to the sound of one particular hall. Since “Palette – Primary Colors” was recorded by the same amazing musicians and production team with the same equipment and in the same hall, it was designed to blend perfectly with all the other Palette libraries.
TRUE ENSEMBLE RECORDING
With our players in standard seating position across the stage we recorded the full range of each ensemble in unison, from lowest to highest note. Instruments play together when their ranges overlap and drop out when they reach their limits (see graphic below). We’ve dubbed this approach “True Ensemble Recording.” The result is a rich, playable patch that’s natural, unscripted and full of life – instantly gratifying and perfect for quickly laying down ideas without sacrificing realism.
- Strings, Brass and Woodwinds ensembles
- True Ensemble Recording
- Recorded in a fairly dry hall by some of Europe’s finest professional musicians
- 1 microphone position
- Up to 4 articulations
- Up to 3 dynamic layers and 7 round robin
- Modern, easy to use GUI with articulation control system and onboard FX rack
- 1.3 GB of content / 1,239 samples (24 bit/44.1 kHz NCW)
- Works only in the Full version of Kontakt 5.6.8 or above
- NI Kontakt, version 5.6.8 or above
- 2 GB disk space
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 2008 or later processor. Your system must also meet the requirements for version 5.6.8 of Kontakt. If you cannot run that version, you will not be able to load this library.